1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overheatin

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by civicnoob, May 11, 2007.

1. civicnoob

civicnoob New Member

so my civic's been running hot lately and been coming really close to overheating, i went through the troubleshootin in the manual and still got nothing. had the system flush and nothing, thermostat's good, water pumps good, lines are clear. the only thing is that the check engine light is on for another problem.

2. custompainter

custompainter drive it like U stole it

are your cooling fans coming on ?? if yes
    then there are only two things that it could be a clogged radiator or your head gasket is blown

3. john07ex

john07ex New Member

How do you know the thermostat is good?
    Just replace it there $15.

You may a pin hole leak somewhere and so your losing pressure in the cooling system and getting air into it also.
    Might need a new radiator.. I just got one new OEM off ebay CHEAP... i got mine from this vendor and im very pleased with the price and product.
    eBay Seller: allnewparts: Parts Accessories, Luggage items on eBay Motors its a simple 30 min job to replace it.

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  4. stedscivic

stedscivic Senior Member

check for small pinholes in the radiator hoses if you havent already mine did the same thing check around the clamps

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted