overheating an i aint even runnin it...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

terry

95 eg coupe
d15b
an other parts

okay so lets say im driving an the car jus starts overheating at firts it was thorowing white smoke...ani thought it was the oil so i pput in oil buh now its like if somethins burnin all of a sudden an i stop to put water on it an the meter goes down an its like nothin an 5 mins later the meter starts goin up..
an the bottle that hold the water for the radiator is full anits not leakin...any suggestion??:mellow:

mhmm if its the head gasket wat do i have to change...
an wats the head gasket??lol

if its the head gasket you must change ... wait for it ...

THE HEAD GASKET!! its a little gasket between the head and the block that keeps oil and coolant from mixing together.

I used to be a noob not to long ago but stick around and you will learn alot :)

But back to the problem ...as Wikid stated you should probably change your thermostat too because i had the EXACT same problem you do and the new thermostat cleared it up :)

The thermostat is located at the end of the bottom radiator hose where it meets with the block. Its a fairly simple procedure, you just loosen the clamp, pull off the hose, and the thermostat should be right there. there are like 3 bolts you have to pull of but that's simple as well. At this point you just remove it and put in the new one. put the bolts back on, clamp the hose back and Voila!!! your car should be A ok :)

and at some point if your car keeps smoking you might want to check out the head gasket :)

keep us updated with questions :thumbsup:

:edit:

too answer your next question if your head gasket is blown your oil and coolant could mix together wich is not good for your engine. A blown head gasket can lead to a blown engine.

Try a little puncuation, and at least attempt to spell a few words correctly. My head hurts when I have to read posts like that.

D16, if you’re going to tell people to spell correctly you should not have misspelled your self.

Punctuation

alright alright..thanks but either way it wasnt even the thermostat it was one of the hoses that goes to the heating system it was ripped an the radiator water was comin out through there thanks either way..

Back