1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

overheating an i aint even runnin it...

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by terry, Jul 26, 2008.

1. terry

terry New Member

95 eg coupe
    d15b
    an other parts

okay so lets say im driving an the car jus starts overheating at firts it was thorowing white smoke...ani thought it was the oil so i pput in oil buh now its like if somethins burnin all of a sudden an i stop to put water on it an the meter goes down an its like nothin an 5 mins later the meter starts goin up..
    an the bottle that hold the water for the radiator is full anits not leakin...any suggestion??:mellow:

2. Wikidconsepshnz

Wikidconsepshnz New Member

check the thermostat may need replaced but if its got white smoke coming out the exhaust it sounds like the head gasket is blown.

3. terry

terry New Member

mhmm i was hoping it had nothin to do wit that..>=(

Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
  4. 90_EF_Hatch

90_EF_Hatch Señor Member

if its the head gasket you must change ... wait for it ...

THE HEAD GASKET!! its a little gasket between the head and the block that keeps oil and coolant from mixing together.

I used to be a noob not to long ago but stick around and you will learn alot :)

But back to the problem ...as Wikid stated you should probably change your thermostat too because i had the EXACT same problem you do and the new thermostat cleared it up :)

The thermostat is located at the end of the bottom radiator hose where it meets with the block. Its a fairly simple procedure, you just loosen the clamp, pull off the hose, and the thermostat should be right there. there are like 3 bolts you have to pull of but that's simple as well. At this point you just remove it and put in the new one. put the bolts back on, clamp the hose back and Voila!!! your car should be A ok :)

and at some point if your car keeps smoking you might want to check out the head gasket :)

keep us updated with questions :thumbsup:

:edit:

too answer your next question if your head gasket is blown your oil and coolant could mix together wich is not good for your engine. A blown head gasket can lead to a blown engine.

5. terry

terry New Member

aright thanks..=)

6. Bkkfarang

Bkkfarang New Member

sounds like a bad thermostat and possibly a bad head gasket

7. D16Civic

D16Civic Matt

Try a little puncuation, and at least attempt to spell a few words correctly. My head hurts when I have to read posts like that.

8. Bkkfarang

Bkkfarang New Member

D16, if you’re going to tell people to spell correctly you should not have misspelled your self.

Punctuation

9. D16Civic

D16Civic Matt

Nice catch. I guess I have no room to talk. Just typing too fast and missed the "t".

10. terry

terry New Member

alright alright..thanks but either way it wasnt even the thermostat it was one of the hoses that goes to the heating system it was ripped an the radiator water was comin out through there thanks either way..

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted