1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

overheating problem

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by jackson.411, Dec 5, 2007.

1. jackson.411

jackson.411 New Member

I have a 84 crx, that runs hot. my machanic says is was a blown head gasket. so we replaced it. plus all the hoses, check radiator, thermostat, and still it runs hot. had the head press check and shaved before installing the new gasket. and now it still runs hot and i do not drive it because i feel it is going to overheat, and still the machanic says it need another gasket because he says it blow another head gasket.. could you help me i hate to pay for another head gasket.... what is wrong with my little car.. what do i look for.. do i replace the radiator.. or what...

2. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

i didnt see waterpump in the parts replace..soo maybe try that..if not then you might have a block in the engine or somewhere

3. norcalgsr

norcalgsr Honda Master Technician

If your mechanic can't give you any proof the head gasket is blown, and just wants to replace it and not tell you why, never go back to him again. If the radiator isn't clogged and the thermostat is opening when it should then make sure your cooling fans are working. It could also be a water pump problem. I would have replaced it when I was changing the gasket if I was working on your car.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted