overheating problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rushbuster70

lets see...my 7th gen civic lx seems to go through quite a bit of coolant for some reason.i dont know why either.there is absolutely no leaks that are visible.i had a shop check it out also...the thing about it is that my coolant resivouir cap im guessing has been blow off 2 times...i've gone through 2 of them already.i'm like where are they going?but they'll be on and then bam there gone....my question is do you think its a head gasket problem?i use to get about 330 miles to each tank of gas and now i get about 275 miles...maybe 280 max...please give me info...i've done tons of searches and cant seem to find anything that helps...let me know

It sound like you have a head gasket problem. If there is no visible leak then you could be burning it. I had almost the same problem. For some reason my cooling system built up so much pressure it pushed my radiator apart. So then I got another one and it pushed that one apart to. When it wasnt breaking my radiator it wasnt shooting off the hose to the resevoir and blowing the upper and lower hoses apart. Even after I replaced the thermostat(thought that was the problem) it still continued to do it. It turns out I had a stripped block which meant not only was it creating pressure but it was also burning the fluid. It showed itself has a blown head gasket though. How old is the motor? Was it beat on?

motor has about 78k on it...na man i dont drive my car too hard...its an automatic so i cant drive it hard lol...im going to try changing the thermostat first also...

Last edited:
Back