1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overheating/repairs

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by PU11, Jun 28, 2010.

1. PU11

PU11 New Member

I just bought a 94 civic lx and it is overheating. I replaced the thermostat rad hoses and changed the coolant and oil. It still overheats and there is coolant in the oil as well as possible blockage in the cooling system. so I am going to replace the head gasket and water pump, is there anything else you would suggest doing or any resources for doing these replacements other then a Hanes manual(already have one)

2. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

if the oil and coolant is mixing, its either the headgasket or the block is toast.. leaking in oil into the block somewhere.

3. PU11

PU11 New Member

I forgot to mention that the car still runs pretty smooth, though it does take a few seconds to start when the engine is cold.

4. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

get the head checked for warp too while your at it

5. civichatch1988

civichatch1988 Ef hatch

I would pull head resurface it because they warp easy, timming belt water pump and all the other belts while your at it, and I'd go as far as valve seals and gaskets and seal just beacuse you have the head off already and it would save you trouble in the long run

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted