Overheating/repairs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PU11

I just bought a 94 civic lx and it is overheating. I replaced the thermostat rad hoses and changed the coolant and oil. It still overheats and there is coolant in the oil as well as possible blockage in the cooling system. so I am going to replace the head gasket and water pump, is there anything else you would suggest doing or any resources for doing these replacements other then a Hanes manual(already have one)

if the oil and coolant is mixing, its either the headgasket or the block is toast.. leaking in oil into the block somewhere.

I forgot to mention that the car still runs pretty smooth, though it does take a few seconds to start when the engine is cold.

get the head checked for warp too while your at it

I would pull head resurface it because they warp easy, timming belt water pump and all the other belts while your at it, and I'd go as far as valve seals and gaskets and seal just beacuse you have the head off already and it would save you trouble in the long run

Back