overheating

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stedscivic

ok running out of ideas. 94 b18c turbo civic fully built. gets hot after driving for an extened period of time or running it hard in boost. once i get stopped sitting at a light when no air is being pushed thru the radiator it gets hot. bled the system numerous times. no apparent leak or loss of fluid. fan is coming on. when it got hot the last time, i held the idle at around 1500rpms and gauge dropped back down to normal temp. is my water pump going bad? water pump only 2 years old had new one installed with the build. anyone hear of water pumps going bad with a turbo build?:confused:

It may be the water pump, but I doubt it, you may want to look into a lower temp thermostat and fan switch.

if its a halfmount the coolant could be circulating too fast

its a aftermarket half mount radiator new with the build.
new stock honda thermostat
ran fine never overheated first 2 summers when tune was complete. make me think something isnt working like it was before.

sometimes when the fan is on it still seems to heat up? i can turn the heater to circulate it thru the heater core and it drops it a little but as soon as i turn it off i goes back up.

flush as in pushing water thru the block or just changing it in the radiator? radiator was out and new fluid put in this spring before i started driving it.but i did not try flushing out the entire system.

Back