overheating

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ex Honda Hater

something in my 92 accord is overheating. thus causing it to flash the check engine light and will flash d4 if left in the on position. if i do get the car started acceleration wont go higher than 2300 rpm and accelerates very slugish. it will only do this on hot or very warm days. sum1 help me i dont have anothercar to drive and the heat is on where i live.

The overheating problem i think may exist from either your thermostat sticking in the closed position or maybe your radiator is clogged. What you can do first is, ensure your fan is coming on, second, if it is coming on removed the thermostat and see if your engine continues to overheat. Your meter should read something around half. As for the sluggishness, it could be the fuel filter is clogged or the engine may need a tune up/ servicing. Think back when's the last time you did this and see that it is done. Try what I mentioned here and if it doesn't work i'll see to get some help again for you. Goodluck.

Back