Overheating

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turbo4dr

my car is overheating now that it is turbo'd. It does just fine when i just drive it but it i send it into boost a couple times it starts to over heat and push all the coolant into the overflow. Also both the upper and lower rad. hoses are hot and tight. Don't know what it is somebody please help, it is pissing me off.

uh what is your setup. Obviously if you boost your motor, the temperatures within the cylinders are going to increase as a result of the added gas you are burning. Maybe you put your thermostat in the wrong direction, maybe your radiator is clogged. there are a 3464567546 different reasons a car can overheat.

try these 2 things. get a lower setting thermostat and drill a small hole in it, and try running colder plugs like ngk 8 series. ohh yeah get rid of the antifreeze and fill it up with straight water and 1 bottle of redline water wetter, this will definitely run 15 degrees cooler. good luck bro!

other options too. bigger fan, thermo wraping the downpipe and manifold... by the way how close is the radiator to your turbo header?

another concern i have with your symptoms.. how many times have you retorqed the head bolts, you might have blown a head gasket by stretching the head bolts to slightly lift the head and push boost pressures into the coolant galleries. check your compression.

i have one range colder plugs and i have head studs. I am pushing alot of colant into the overflow tank. Do you think i should retorque the head studs.

check your compression. How much boost you sqeezing and what size turbo are you running. I would back the head studs 1/2 a turn and then retorque them.

Let me guess your useing a big front mount intercooler? If so that is most likely why your over heating. It is not allowing enough air to get to you radiator and the stock fan can not pull enough air through. I would say a fan upgrade would fix your problem. Also check themostate obviously and make sure you coolant has a proper mixture. Good luck

why not upgrade your current radiator, to maybe a dual core delsol unit, or even a GSR unit if you have no ac, or better yet a nice CR unit.

And don't run straight water in the coolant system, coolant acts as a lubricant for the water pump.

You probably have the coolant Return and coolant feed lines to the turbo reversed....when you are boosting, the turbo is feeding the coolant into the overflow. Check your connections.

Back