overheating

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

9inch

does anyone know at what temp. your fan should kick on at. a friend of mine has a 2000 teg and the temp. gauge is broke. he blew a radiator hose today, fixed it. we were letting it run but the fan never turned on. we used a guage to read the temp inside the upper and lower radiator hose and we reved it up to about 240 degrees, but the fan never kicked on. does anyone know

240 is way high...usually water temp doesnt get higher than 210.

might wanna try what i did if you dont think the fan is working.

fanswitch.jpg

yeah...he will...especially if the block has warped. 240 is just below the red line.

i dont know how you would test them...if i did i wouldnt have rigged it like i did.

i just ran wire from the (-) battery post to each of the pins on the fan plugs with female spade connectors. after that i ran a positive wire back into the cabin to a stock looking LED switch. and ran power to two wires from that switch to the fans. its worked ever since. i know your not supposed to switch with positive, but its ghetto rigged...might as well make it right :)

Back