Overheating???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well, did the water pump... Took me like 8+ hours to do. Damn crank pulley.... Still doing it. I don't know. I'm gonna replace the fan completely. I started up my car and let it warm all the way up, then waited for the fan to kick in. It didn't cut on until long after my temp guage started climbing, then cut back off... A relay, fan switch, motor on my fan going out? What could this be?

You've got it all wrong. I"m sorry you spent so much money due to horrible advice. your gauge luctuates because of air in the cooling system.

Bleed your cooling system. The easiest way to do it is to take the radiator cap off when cold and turn the car on. As it warms up, the bubbles in the system will come out. You will lose some coolant, so have some handy to top off. There is a bleed valve, but i never use it.

Quoted post[/post]]
You've got it all wrong. I"m sorry you spent so much money due to horrible advice. your gauge luctuates because of air in the cooling system.

Bleed your cooling system. The easiest way to do it is to take the radiator cap off when cold and turn the car on. As it warms up, the bubbles in the system will come out. You will lose some coolant, so have some handy to top off. There is a bleed valve, but i never use it.
So your theory is that when he changed to a Mugen radiator cap, he introduced air into the system...
Yeah, that sounds logical. :huh:

Maybe. you never know. I had air in my system and it did just that. It's the cheapest and easiest step to take before blowing money on second-guessing the thing.

Well.... I did what you said, and it didn't fix the problem. It actually seems to be getting worse since it's so hot here in Texas. I'm gonna order a new FAL fan today. Hope that works.

I have a theory. I hope for your sake I am wrong. Don't do anything else until you pressure test the cooling system. You can probably borrow a pressure tester from AutoZone or a similar place. See if it holds pressure. If it doesn't, look for leaks. If you don't see a leak- uh-oh.

Quoted post[/post]]
Maybe. you never know. I had air in my system and it did just that. It's the cheapest and easiest step to take before blowing money on second-guessing the thing.
"Blowing money"?? If you don't know when your waterpump was last changed and don't know if it's good, it should be replaced. That's practically general maintenance on a Honda. Also, I doubt he had to break the piggy bank for a $5 thermostat.

Back