Overheating????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

supaCOUPE

i need some help o' honda gurus! i have a 96 coupe with a 00SI swap... for the past few month months my car has been overheating when I am at idle, the car will run really hot, then drop, get hot again, then drop:confused:

i changed the thermostat first, problem continued... then i changed to a dual core radiator from a german spec vti... still overheating. I have not seen any oil in my radiator, and there seems to be no loss in power?? I am hoping it is not the head gasket cuz I am broke as a mofo! Also, my heater cluster in the car is all mixed up? Could this be a clue as to what the problem is????

thanks for your time!
mike

make sure you have enough coolant. check the oil to make sure there isn't any coolant mixed in there. make sure your plumbing isn't plugged up. other than that, i'm not sure.

its a simple question....
but thanks for the english lession, ill try to fix that next time JUST for YOU.....
and when i am at the shop ill correct everyone just for you.

its a simple question....
but thanks for the english lession, ill try to fix that next time JUST for YOU.....
and when i am at the shop ill correct everyone just for you.

damn man, i was just kidding around. hence the smiley. sorry.

its alright.. sorry im use to dealing with those douche bags on carolina Hondas all day..

Its your engine coolant temperature switch or "ECT" switch.I had the same problem with my EK.Just replace it .DONE.

Its right on the thermostat housing, you'll have to unplug a connector to get it off.

Back