Ow, My Neck and my Back!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wanderinman

So I was ridin to work today, when we were sitting at a dead stop... Raleigh PD Detective plows into the back of our stopped car. My back and neck are killin me and I have a slight headache. Call up an injury lawyer and they are salivating... looks like a new project might get funded soon, I'll keep y'all posted.

be wary of lawyers
some will try and take up to 30% and higher...
sounds like you;re handing them a sweetheart deal...

but if he was "in the line of duty" they could tell you to go fuck yourself...

happened to a friend, got slammed going through a green light when a cop ran a red light doing 80 with his lights and sirens on... they said it was part of his job and he was not responsible for putting a man in a wheelchair...

It makes my blood boil when I see shit like that. String em up, wanderinman.

As much as the idea is supported by the system, police are NOT above the law.

quagmire voice/ git it git it git it \ quagmire voice.... OH!

You go to the hospital yet???

I think you have to incur medical bills before you can claim them..

Then where you make your money is "pain and suffering"

Pain, it seems, has great monetary value.

Thank god none of the police are like denzel, but hey. ..... Doing a couple back exercises here and there wont be bad for you, just make sure that you stretch everytime you get out of bed. Its a good substitution for freakin starbucks, stretching. I gurantee you you'll feel great if you try. either that or let the medical bills pile up. :angel: Yo. im loving these smiley thingies.

Take all you can. Then take some more for me. Police get away with 90% of everything they do, and I'm sick and fucking tired of it. String him up by his balls :fosho:

UPDATE 1:

Ok, so here's the story as its unfolding. We left to go to the hospital shortly after my first post. On the way we got in touch with the guy who hit us's boss, some Seargant at Homicide. He said whatever we need, let him know, and gave us his personal cell phone number... word. So we roll to the hospital, sign in, spend hours waiting, but when we registered I simply told the chick at the counter that a detective hit us and... "oh, thats a form 287" and away I went. Got prescribed some good pain pills and sent out the door paid for. Got told that the city wasn't going to cover our pain pills... we'll tell our injury lawyer that tomorrow... right now I need to melt into a couch and cry myself to sleep.

UPDATE 2:

Talked to the lawyers, they wont touch the case because city of Raleigh has a policy against paying pain and suffering, etc. etc. I am writing a letter to both the mayor of raleigh and the governor of NC about that bullshit. Also I am applying for a job in the detective bureau so I can rear end people at random just for fun./

Had an undercover cop car back into my friends Blazer at a local Wal-mart. Got the plate of the cruiser, and prompty called the station. Douchebags denied the car even being in that area. I love it when I see a cop either sleeping at a detail, or talking on the cell phone whilst doing 90mph down the highway.

Above the law I guess, F'n A. :mad:

Nobody is above the law, it just takes the right people raising enough cane for things to happen... I'm not letting this go, like I said, I'm writing letters, talking to people... hell I once flew Elizabeth Dole to wilmington.

Quoted post[/post]]
Get an out of city lawyer. There's bound to be a good lawyer in NC that wants to take on the popo. When there's a case against a cop here, most people won't even talk to a local lawyer.

And yeah, a cop hit a car pulling out of a KFC down the street from where I used to live while he was in pursuit, doing almost 100mph without his lights on, at 3pm, on a busy road. He killed the mother and small child in the car as well as himself. The official report put her something like 75% at fault for pulling out in front of a cop who didn't have his lights on. A man lost his and child, while his other child lost its mother and sibling. Then there's Sacramento where cops seem to run into people as a sport.

[rant]

I fucking hate this shit. Where's the accountability? These guys basically know that they can fuck up as badly as they want to and they'll be fine. It just adds to their already inflated egos. If you fuck up and kill a kid for grabbing a pager, you deserve to face the same charges a civillian would face. If you fuck up and run into a stopped car, you deserve to pay the price. And yes, the city should have to be responsible for having a fuck up on their payroll. I understand the whole "line of duty" thing. All I'm saying is that there needs to be a hell of a lot more accountability while in the line duty.

[/rant]

:werd: and :werd: and :werd:!!!!!

SHIT!! I just remembered and very key fact... I went to high school with the mayors son, he was my boy... I'm calling him...

Back