ownage of the century

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Syntax:

UNDELETE [d:][path][filename] [/DT|/DS|/DOS]
UNDELETE [/list|/all|/purge[d:]|/status|/load|/U|/S[d:]|/Td:[-entries]]

Purpose: Restores files deleted with the DELETE command.

Discussion

Used to recover files that have been previously erased. The UNDELETE command can only recover deleted files if no new files or changes have been made on the disk since the deletion. Therefore, if you accidentally delete a file that you want to keep, stop what you are doing immediately and use the UNDELETE command to retrieve the file.

For more information on using the UNDELETE command, refer to Chapter 2, Using Common DOS Commands.

Options

/all - Automatically recovers all of the files you specify.

/list - All available files are listed (but files are not recovered).

/DOS Restricts recovery to those files that meet the file specifications (filespec) in the disk directory table.

/DT - Restricts recovery to those files found in the Delete Tracking File.

/DS - Restricts recovery to those files found in the SENTRY directory.

/load - Loads the Undelete memory-resident program into memory using information defined in the UNDELETE.INI file.

/unload - Unloads the memory-resident portion of the Undelete program from memory, turning off the capability to restore deleted files.

/purged[d] - Deletes the contents of the SENTRY directory.

/status - Displays the type of delete protection in effect for each drive.

/S[d] - Enables the Delete Sentry level of protection and loads the memory-resident portion of the UNDELETE program.

/Tdrive[-entries] - Enables the Delete Tracker level of protection and loads the memory-resident portion of the UNDELETE program. The optional entries parameter specifies the maximum number of entries in the deletion-tracking file (PCTRACKR.DEL). It must be a value in the range 1 through 999 with the default value determined by the type of disk being tracked.

Examples

To undelete all recoverable files in the LETTERS directory, enter

undelete \letters\*.* /all

To undelete all recoverable files in the current directory using the delete-tracking file, enter

undelete /dt

http://www.easydos.com/undelete.html

I believe Norton's can restore a lot of files. I've never tried to restore a whole harddrive tho.

Darwin is watching you, asshat.

The fact that you are alive disproves any common theory about physics or relevance ever. I would tell you to shoot yourself in the face, but you would probably fuck that up as well.

How did you make it past the age of 5 without natural selection kicking in and saying "Hey, wipe this little shit out?" God must have called in sick the day you were born.

lol. Your the dumbest person alive. Why the FUCK would you do that. It even says on Bash.org that it'll delete your HD.

bAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

Originally posted by Havok@Apr 15 2004, 09:33 PM
Darwin is watching you, asshat.

The fact that you are alive disproves any common theory about physics or relevance ever. I would tell you to shoot yourself in the face, but you would probably fuck that up as well.

How did you make it past the age of 5 without natural selection kicking in and saying "Hey, wipe this little shit out?" God must have called in sick the day you were born.

owned.jpg

:owned: :ghey:

hey, where the fuck did my post go....

and i already brought it, kid...i brought it, set it down on the table, and opened it.

we need a special section for things civicious does, to let other people know what NOT to do.

This topic has gotten out of control. There will be no further discussion / argument.

Closed by a moderator.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back