Ox. Sensor/Cat. Converter Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eml8161

I have a OBDII B16A and was wondering if putting a straight pipe where the cat. converter is (keeping the ox sensor) would send error messages (check engine light coming on) or cause any other problems (mess up air fuel ratios, etc). Also I assume this would increase performance (why i'm doing it). Thanks!

And why's that?; "...would send error messages (check engine light coming on) or cause any other problems (mess up air fuel ratios, etc)?"

its my understanding that a straightpipe or highflow cat wont really do alot for you unless you have alot done to your motor.

Yea i understand that, though until i get the money for a hi-flo cat i was just going to put a straight pipe that my buddly had (wrecked his car). I just wanted to make sure that it wouldn't mess with air fuel ratios and stuff like that...thanks..

i dont know about the whole "running lean" part...

but get a ur test pipe or hi flow cat. if neither one comes with a bung for the o2 sensor, then just drill a small hole.

if you do get a cel, then go buy an o2 simulator. i believe its four or five simple wires you splice into you ecu, and no more cel....

provided the cel is from the lack of the o2 sensor.

Back