1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P/S into CRX

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by K2e2vin, Apr 3, 2006.

1. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

I'm about to swap out my steering rack for another DX, but remembered Hondata's race car setup with a early 90s MR2 P/S pump. I want to try something like this but I want to use the fastest rack I can find thatll fit the CRX.

From the searches, I've found mixed info about using a DA P/S rack and a 88-91 Civic sedan rack. Which one has a faster ratio and will they fit into a CRX with no problems?

Thanks, Kevin.

2. CRX-YEM

CRX-YEM Super Moderator Moderator VIP

I don't quite understand why you even need power stearing in a crx, the car is so light as it is , it requires barely any strength to manovoer. and the feedback from the stock setup is a plus.

3. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

I just want quicker steering(faster ratio). I remember reading awhile back that the P/S racks were slightly faster.

4. EGProject

EGProject YEEEEAAHHHHH

Omni and ATS make a faster steering rack gear, as does I think Toda and Spoon.

Other than that, I'm sure you could screw with the pressure or the racks and rig something up.

5. jimboburgess

jimboburgess Go fast, Go Cheap

if you use a power steering rack you can remove the power steering components and loop the pressurized tubes back around themselves

honda tuning did a how to on removing power steering

6. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

7. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

Yea I've been looking at that(though, imo, it's not really cheap).

I found a DA P/S rack, but I abandoned the idea because to me, the improvement isnt significant(like 3.5 LTL vs. 4 LTL, the Quaife is 2.8 LTL).

8. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

$250 isn't cheap? A good header costs at least $350, exhaust $400, suspesnsion $700....modifying a car is expensive that just how it goes. $250 seems like a bargain to me. I'm going to get that rack eventually.

9. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

My swap(D15B VTEC w/60k miles, P28, ebay header, dohc zc transmission, and a eg civic intake i didnt need) was $270. I'm a cheap modder; trying to save money for a house, bills, school, and my next car(Miata).

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted