P/S into CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

I'm about to swap out my steering rack for another DX, but remembered Hondata's race car setup with a early 90s MR2 P/S pump. I want to try something like this but I want to use the fastest rack I can find thatll fit the CRX.

From the searches, I've found mixed info about using a DA P/S rack and a 88-91 Civic sedan rack. Which one has a faster ratio and will they fit into a CRX with no problems?

Thanks, Kevin.

I don't quite understand why you even need power stearing in a crx, the car is so light as it is , it requires barely any strength to manovoer. and the feedback from the stock setup is a plus.

I just want quicker steering(faster ratio). I remember reading awhile back that the P/S racks were slightly faster.

Omni and ATS make a faster steering rack gear, as does I think Toda and Spoon.

Other than that, I'm sure you could screw with the pressure or the racks and rig something up.

if you use a power steering rack you can remove the power steering components and loop the pressurized tubes back around themselves

honda tuning did a how to on removing power steering

Yea I've been looking at that(though, imo, it's not really cheap).

I found a DA P/S rack, but I abandoned the idea because to me, the improvement isnt significant(like 3.5 LTL vs. 4 LTL, the Quaife is 2.8 LTL).

$250 isn't cheap? A good header costs at least $350, exhaust $400, suspesnsion $700....modifying a car is expensive that just how it goes. $250 seems like a bargain to me. I'm going to get that rack eventually.

My swap(D15B VTEC w/60k miles, P28, ebay header, dohc zc transmission, and a eg civic intake i didnt need) was $270. I'm a cheap modder; trying to save money for a house, bills, school, and my next car(Miata).

Back