P/S pump from integra 4 b16b swap into EK4 need pulley too ??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

loverboy

Hi everybody !
I know that i need the 98-01 integra power steering pump 4 the b16b swap into EK4, but do I need the integra pulley too or the original pulley (Of my civic coupe 96 d16y8 engin) will work ??
Thanks !

you don't need the power steering pump. Thats why it rocks to be an ek, our stuff fits b series very well. Your power steering pump and ac(if you have it) will bolt right to you ps ac brackets on the b16b. The b16b came in a civic type r so it will be the same setup your civic has, except b series instead of d series. However if you are going to go b series get a b18c5 or jdm type r because they are more powerfull but not much more expensive than a b16b. A b16b is a really cool engine but lacks the torque of the 18 type r. good luck.

I understand from books that i should swap the p.s. pump so do I need the integra pulley too or the original pulley will work ??

you only need an integra power steering pump if you use an integra crank pulley. Also don't stress about the power steering. When i did my swap i didn't have the power steering brackets so i just tye wrapped the pump out of the way and drove it without powersteering. Its not a big deal, power steering is nice but it won't ruin your car or the way it drives. Do the swap, then look at everything and see what you need.

Back