1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p06 auto to 5 speed

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by d16y8_93_civic_lx, May 5, 2006.

1. d16y8_93_civic_lx

d16y8_93_civic_lx Junior Member

ok i followed the http://www.hondaswap.com/~pills/autotomanual.html how to on my ecu i removed RP17 and put a jumper in place of RP18. do i just leave RP17 blank??? check engine light is still on...

i might just need to take the car in somewhere and get the code cleared i dont know but i figured it would clear after fixing the problem...

or maybe its becouse my car was once a automatic and when i converted it to a 5 speed there is a sencer missing somewhere... not really sure myself

also a question i have bolt on parts and high compression pistions on my d16y8 would buying one of the chips off of ebay be a safe bet?

they talk about speed limiters are removed but im not sure mine has one do to the fact that i have had my car at 130+ "speedo only reads 130 so not sure how much faster i was going"

i dont need an ecu with vtec controles for my d16y8, i am using a window switch from MSD to turn that on and off.

im also thinking my spark knock is comeing from my fuel map "not getting enough fuel" im running around 11/1 CR and at high revs it knocks "5800+ rpms" to me it sounds like it only does it in 2nd gear but 3rd gear speed and 1st gear reving speed maybe an issue with that.

also here in about 5 months im going to be doing about $3500 to the topend of my motor replacing everything and rebuilding and P&Ping the head will a standerd chip hold up to that till next summer when i get the AEM stand alone ecu kit?

wow this is long sorry everybody just new to the whole computer busness side of engine building. :mrgreen:

2. d16y8_93_civic_lx

d16y8_93_civic_lx Junior Member

ok i did notice this morning when i started my car it no longer revs back and forth between 1400 to 2000 rpms while warming up and it did take longer for the check engine light to come on.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted