p06 or p05 capable or running ls/vtec??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

typesiracing

i've checked a couple sites that chip and i couldn't find it as an option......i have a p05 ecu from a 94 civic cx 5 speed and a p06 ecu from a 93 civic dx auto......i wanna run a gsr block with ls internals and a b16 head and turbo it is this possible with any of these two ecus?.....i'm also using a 5 speed tranny...eventually i plan on running hondata... thanks in advance..

Originally posted by typesiracing@Dec 27 2003, 05:46 PM
i've checked a couple sites that chip and i couldn't find it as an option......i have a p05 ecu from a 94 civic cx 5 speed and a p06 ecu from a 93 civic dx auto......i wanna run a gsr block with ls internals and a b16 head and turbo it is this possible with any of these two ecus?.....i'm also using a 5 speed tranny...eventually i plan on running hondata... thanks in advance..

Yes, both will work, but they will need to be converted to VTEC first. The P06 will be easier to convert to VTEC. It will then need to be converted to manual.The P06 will be cheaper to perform the full conversion on, but it would probably cost about the same as a used P28. The P28 would also be better if you are going Hondata later.

P05 is easier to convert to VTEC than that auto P06, actually. Between having to add Q30 to the P05 to control O2 sensor heater circuit and having to fiddle the auto/manual jumpers on the P06, the P06 route sticks you with more work, if only by a minute or so.

If you want to send me both P05 and P06, plus $7 for USPS Priority return shipping, I'd be more than happy to return one P28-equivalent chipped to whatever specs you care for.

Back