P13 ECU CHIP PROBLEM

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hope some of you guys and gals can help have had my 2.2 running brilliantly for the last month or so and have now as off today chipped my ecu with a MX superchip with remap ability which i found in my local scrap yard in mint condition now this is were the problems start we put the chip in on the ecu and the car started perfect and ran perfect then the engine management light came on and she will not rev beyond 3000rpm even when driving she bogs down back firing now the chip came of a 2.2 vtec p13 ecu so what is the problem one pin was broken on the chip but fixed have drove the car home and she is still back firing and idiling at about 1800rpm now thats not normal can any one give me advice :worthy:

what the fuck?

what mods do you have on your motor to need a chip?
what map is on the chip?
did you remap it?
do you have the ability to remap it?
why didn;t you just use the other P13 instead of hacking it apart to put the chip in yours?
broken pin? how did you fix it?
how good are you with ecu's etc...?

CEL = limp mode, = pulls the timing, dumps lots of fuel, no vtec, and low rev limit...

if you don;t have any means of remapping the chip, and have no motor mods, and the chip was not designed for your specific motor/mods then you have absolutely no right using it and are hereby awarded the darwin award for honda ECU's...

what ecu do you have?
did you un-solder your chip and resolder this chip in?

for that matter, you shouldnt put a chip on a p13

:werd:

p13's don't respond well at ALL to chips.

there's only like 1 serial model of them that are 90% successful.

throw that ecu in the trash, buy a p72 if want to chip. or another p13 and leave it stock.

what mods do you have that warrant the need to change your fuel and ignition maps?

ask first, do later.
it saves you money.

We do know what we are doing thats the thing so a p72 ecu then or would it be simpler getting a vtec controller?
plus the ecu that we did chip was a restricted ecu with a top speed of 115mph how would you combat that any way ?

do you have a p13 vtec ecu? or are you trying to chip the h23 ecu?

if your motor is stock then just go with a P13
you can;t beat honda's R and D on engine managment
some generic chip with just make you run rich and actually loose horsepower

to get rid of the speed limiter you would need to have it disabled

stock motor = stock P13, get a diffrent version if you don't want the speed limiter

do you have motor mods?
if so do you have an aftermarket intake manifold?

aftermarket manifolds have no IAB's so you could chip a P28 sohc vtec ecu
if you have a stock manifold you need to chip a P72 so it operates your IAB's properly...

what mods do you have that warrant the need to change your fuel and ignition maps?

We do know what we are doing
o rly?

Back