p13 ecu code 36

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slopoke

I took out a jun p72 that ran too rich and put in a stock p72 but vtec doesnt work so it put in the jdm p13 and throwing a 36 code anyone know what this code is and why a stock p72 wont hit vtec it works in a gsr but not my civic with the h22a any help would be appreciated

There is no code 36 with the P13. If you are not reading the code wrong, then there is a good chance that the ECU is bad. The P72 should be chipped or fuel maps modified to run the H22.

according to honda tec the code 36 is for the traction control on the jdm models. They have a list of all the ecu codes. My ecu is a jdm obd1 but has four plugs but works fine. So I guesse I have a stock p72 for sale. I bought it for 225.00 last week so I guesse I will put it on ebay

My P13 Auto ECU only has three plugs, A, B, & D. No C. Just like all the rest.

Unless you have some funky ECU, you shouldn't have traction control that I know of.

There is a code list in my sig. Code 36 isn't on it.

I'd try another ECU, borrowed from a friend. See if you get the same code. If not, replace yours. If you do happen to get the same code, which I doubt, then start scratching your head again.

this is the only ecu I have problems with. And my last ecu. It drives the same with the cel on but it only comes on when I drive it easy and the egr and 36 comes together. Look on HT under eg ek delsol hybrid and all the codes are stickied there. The egr came on with all three p13 I tried but all my egr crap is hooked up right. The p72 doesnt read the egr so thats why I was going to use it. Just because it revs higher doesnt mean I will take it that far. Does a stock p72 read something different for the vtec to come on? If I can figure it out I will just use the p72 so I dont throw codes. The guy I bought the p72 from said he never pulled it out until his hondata came in. Any help on figuring the p72 vtec will be appreciated. Thanks Guys

Here is the numbers off the four plug ecu37820-p13-j00-555-101542 then on the plug it has 4 additional numbers 1F16 also says J-MT C plug is slightly smaller than the B plug

Back