p28 and a p2p ???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

custompainter

drive it like U stole it
hey guys i just bought my wife a 93 ex coupe and it has the ecu i want (p28) but the car is an automatic now can i take that ecu and switch it with a p2p (automatic) and have the p28 reprogramed to five speed and use it for my y8

Since the car is already obd1 it is not sensible to use an obd2 p2p. Always stick obd1 when running an obd1 car. If you chip the ecu it will easily convert to manual.

the p28 will run a 5spd without being chipped but you will have a check light,,or you can very easy chip it

alright with that part but i have to put a ecu back in my wifes car can i use the p2p from an auto in her 93 ex with convertion harness ~ will her car run on it

it won't run good because the obd2 p2p requires a crank fluctation sensor and obd1 motors do not have them. In order for you to use that ecu effectively you would have to convert some things to obd2. Sell the p2p and get another p28, obd2 to obd1 conversions are not help full and will cost more money in the end. But to answer your question, yes you "could" do it. But most people would tell you not to.

thanks i forgot about the CKF sensor - isn't there a way to bypass that with the CYP sensor or is that just from obd2 to obd1

That mod is for obd2 cars with obd1 swaps, if you are already obd1 do not, I REPEAT do not try to go obd2. It is more trouble and effort than is necessary.

i know i was just trying to get away with steeling the ecu out of my wifes new car and putting mine in hers

Back