P28 Chip - What's good?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm trying to get a chip for my P28, which program do you guys recommend or have experiences with. Whether it's the mugen, skunk2, jun, erick's racing, or custom. I have a 00 JDM ITR motor with Aem CAI, mugen headers, and custom exhaust with carsound H/f cat swapped in an EK.

You have a 2000 type R motor with 2 headers and you want an ebay chip? Better get your flame-retardant suit ready....

Those chips suck. They are only good for removing your rev limiter or speed limiter. At the very least get a VAFC to lean out your fuel after the chip fucks it up...

Save your money and get the Hondata S100 chip, it does everything the S200 does except datalogging. By the way you can find them for about $200.

Originally posted by integraslut78@Nov 16 2004, 07:20 PM
Save your money and get the Hondata S100 chip, it does everything the S200 does except datalogging.
[post=417885]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Nov 17 2004, 12:12 AM
You have a 2000 type R motor with 2 headers and you want an ebay chip? Better get your flame-retardant suit ready....

Those chips suck. They are only good for removing your rev limiter or speed limiter. At the very least get a VAFC to lean out your fuel after the chip fucks it up...
[post=417880]Quoted post[/post]​

First it aint from ebay, it's gonna be from erick's racing. Second, on your sig. you say that you've got a "B16a2 - SRP 10.5:1 Forged 81.5mm pistons/Stock Rods and crank/Zex stage 2 cams/Zex valvesprings and ti retainers/Port and polish/3 angle valve job/Milled head/Accell 310 injectors/ACT Extreme pressure plate with street disc/AEBS intake manifold/JG Edelbrock throttle body/JG Edelbrock header/AEM cold air/custom 2.5" header back exhaust, no cat/OBD1 conversion with chipped P28/VAFC"... So I don't know if you're implying that from experience or what. But hey, whatever floats your boat. All it is, is a simple question. So make it simple or don't answer. Thanks.

and just after that, you'll see hes saving up for the aem ems.

Honestly, if you want a good chip- getting one pre-made will never be a good deal.

pm one of our chippers here- allmotormonster, radnulb, and like 324232 other members who frequesnt the ecu forum. Tell them what you got for mods, and they can burn you a custom chip to your specs.
but still, it won't be perfect. its just a "guess" without dyno tuning it.

I'm going to get it dyno tuned with the VAFC. The only reason I'm not using the ITR ECU is because the shop that I have talked to that will tune for me, suggests that an OBDII ECU is harder to tune and eventually it won't work well with the VAFC. That's why I'm thinking of just getting a P28, chip it, and then get it tuned on the dyno w/ the VAFC. I know everyone suggests to go hondata, but then my car is mostly stock. But if running a chipped P28 is harmful then I would just get a Hondata. Finally it's all about the money, the vafc came with the swap so I might as well use it. :)

if you're going to dyno tune it-
get a skunk2 chip. it has good ignition maps. fix the 10:1 a/f it will give you with the vafc, and yo're good to go.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 18 2004, 01:50 PM
if you're going to dyno tune it-
get a skunk2 chip. it has good ignition maps. fix the 10:1 a/f it will give you with the vafc, and yo're good to go.
[post=418652]Quoted post[/post]​

Cool. Thanks. Just wanted to know which one would be good to tune.

Originally posted by integraslut78+Nov 16 2004, 08:20 PM-->
Save your money and get the Hondata S100 chip, it does everything the S200 does except datalogging. By the way you can find them for about $200.
[post=417885]Quoted post[/post]​

beerbongskickass
@Nov 18 2004, 06:49 PM
Uberdata
[post=418864]Quoted post[/post]​

yes, i agree with bbka. for the price of getting one of those chips and an afc to tune the fuel maps, you could chip your ecu and buy a chip burner for creating your own fully tuneable uberdata maps. any chip that you didn't create/tune is just gay. and for about the same price as one of the above mentioned s100 chips, you could have everything needed for uberdata and do a lot more than s200 and still have datalogging. hondata and egay chips are just gay.

You should also tell him that there are no tuners or very few tuners that know how to tune with Uberdata. Basically you will have to learn the program or your pretty much SOL. Thats what people never tell you about with the Uberdata. So if you want to learn the program go with Uberdata if you don't know what you are doing like myself you may want to go with Hondata.

Originally posted by integraslut78@Nov 19 2004, 04:25 PM
You should also tell him that there are no tuners or very few tuners that know how to tune with Uberdata. Basically you will have to learn the program or your pretty much SOL. Thats what people never tell you about with the Uberdata. So if you want to learn the program go with Uberdata if you don't know what you are doing like myself you may want to go with Hondata.
[post=419376]Quoted post[/post]​

Tuning Uberdata is the same as tuning Hondata. The only big difference is the interface.

Call some tuning shops in your area and ask if they tune Uberdata and I bet 1 out of 10 will. I called 15 shops where I live from LA to San Diego and I found 1 yes 1 shop that will tune with Uberdata.

Originally posted by beerbongskickass+Nov 19 2004, 07:19 PM-->
integraslut78
@Nov 19 2004, 04:25 PM
You should also tell him that there are no tuners or very few tuners that know how to tune with Uberdata.  Basically you will have to learn the program or your pretty much SOL.  Thats what people never tell you about with the Uberdata.  So if you want to learn the program go with Uberdata if you don't know what you are doing like myself you may want to go with Hondata.
[post=419376]Quoted post[/post]​

Tuning Uberdata is the same as tuning Hondata. The only big difference is the interface.
[post=419418]Quoted post[/post]​

exactly, tuning is the same as hyundaidata. the only reason shops say they don't tune it is because they've prolly never seen it. dl teh progrm on to a disc and take it to your local and let them look at it and i guarantee they'll be ble to tune it. besides, if you don't know how to use it yourself, quit being close minded, learn it and be the coolest kid on your street ;)

Originally posted by integraslut78@Nov 19 2004, 06:23 PM
Call some tuning shops in your area and ask if they tune Uberdata and I bet 1 out of 10 will.  I called 15 shops where I live from LA to San Diego and I found 1 yes 1 shop that will tune with Uberdata.
[post=419421]Quoted post[/post]​

Dude, tuning a car is the same. It's all about A/F ratios, ignition timing, basic engine knowledge, etc... It doesn't matter if you have Hondata, Uberdata, Crome, Zdyne, AEM EMS, Motec, AFC, etc...

Oh and when my buddy tuned my car, he had never tuned a car with Uberdata, he had only tuned his car with Hondata. He said it was very easy to tune with and he had no problems getting my shit tuned well.

The shops I talked to said they did not have the program and said that they did not want the program and would not tune using Uberdata period.
Why would I want to learn the program I have a Hondata.

Originally posted by integraslut78@Nov 23 2004, 02:58 PM
The shops I talked to said they did not have the program and said that they did not want the program and would not tune using Uberdata period.
Why would I want to learn the program I have a Hondata.
[post=421145]Quoted post[/post]​

Bullshit. Bring them a copy of Uberdata (it's fucking free) and show them what it is. If you give a shop X amount of money to tune your car, they will more than likely do what they can to tune it. If they are good at tuning they can use any prograam, especially something as easy to use as uberdata. People like you make me wish I was in the car parts business, they don't understand anything about their cars and they have lots of money.

Back