p28 chip

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrnice1058

ok i finally got a p28 ecu, everyone tell me to get one and chip it. i am going to be running a b16 with it now i don't know what chip to get or where to get it from, doing the chip with the desoldering and soldering is not a problem i am a pc hardware tech student so i can do that in my sleep i have all to tools just want to know is what chip one of those ebay chips i see everywhere or should i get it from a website or anyone have one or what let me know thanks

Originally posted by mrnice1058@Jul 20 2004, 08:42 PM
ok i finally got a p28 ecu, everyone tell me to get one and chip it. i am going to be running a b16 with it now i don't know what chip to get or where to get it from, doing the chip with the desoldering and soldering is not a problem i am a pc hardware tech student so i can do that in my sleep i have all to tools just want to know is what chip one of those ebay chips i see everywhere or should i get it from a website or anyone have one or what let me know thanks
[post=366063]Quoted post[/post]​

Go to PGM-FI and start reading if your computer literate then this may be right on track for you!!!
Again, just check it out you might be surprised.

yeah i got that website already but they don't have the chips there as far as i can find, that is the question should i get the ones on ebay or should i look for a good shit to get one at i found one on http://www.jdmshit.com/ecu/index.html and i was look at some websites that is what i am looking for.

Originally posted by mrnice1058@Jul 20 2004, 11:42 PM
[post=366063]Quoted post[/post]​

If it's not a problem for you, then definitely go to pgmfi.org Set up your ECU for datalogging for a few more bucks, and buy an Eprom burner. The chips on EBAY would work, but they are very general, and don't have the stock rev limiters and VTEC engagement points.

sell the stock p28 and buy my chipped p28, then if you don't like the maps you can have another chip made, its already socketed. 5800vtec and 9000rev limit

Originally posted by hybridsol@Jul 21 2004, 01:28 AM
sell the stock p28 and buy my chipped p28, then if you don't like the maps you can have another chip made, its already socketed. 5800vtec and 9000rev limit
[post=366116]Quoted post[/post]​

how much do you want for your ecu? pm me if you want

Originally posted by mrnice1058+Jul 21 2004, 08:19 AM-->
hybridsol
@Jul 21 2004, 01:28 AM
[post=366116]Quoted post[/post]​

how much do you want for your ecu? pm me if you want
[post=366199]Quoted post[/post]​

didn't you say you could do the soldering part yourself? look, the only thing you need to do right now is go to that website, look for a stock map (.bin) for your engine, burn it at your school's lab or wherever you have access to an eprom burner, slap the chip on your ecu and start your car, check and see if it idles right, take a test drive, go back home, do some more reading on that website, if necessary, make some more adjustments to your maps, vtec x-over point, rev-limiter, etc. then burn it, that's it, how hard is that? don't ever buy generic chips they won't work well for your setup. after you have done the above, you can go ahead and do the dataloggy thing, buy an vafc or something of that sort so that you can change all that little stuff without the hassle of burning chips, best of all, you will be able to do it on the fly. I hate people that don't think at all, just buy this buy that. using what you already have and making it work is a challenge and it's really fun!

lol i was thinking can't i just buy the vafc and run with out the chipping my ecu? i want to do it right so i was talking to some friends and they where saying if i don't know anything apart maping not to bother with it just get one of those generic chips and the vafc and work on it from there i can do the hardware but the software i shouldn't mess with unless i have done it before which i haven't so just get the chip and call it a day and then get the vafc and call it a day..

Originally posted by mrnice1058@Jul 22 2004, 12:41 AM
lol i was thinking can't i just buy the vafc and run with out the chipping my ecu? i want to do it right so i was talking to some friends and they where saying if i don't know anything apart maping not to bother with it just get one of those generic chips and the vafc and work on it from there i can do the hardware but the software i shouldn't mess with unless i have done it before which i haven't so just get the chip and call it a day and then get the vafc and call it a day..
[post=366684]Quoted post[/post]​

keyword *stock map* the p30 one for your b16a engine
get the right map then fine tune it with vafc

hey bento, notice how it says noob under your name? that means you have no right to insult me. learn how to respect your wiser tuners, don't just start talking shit. i'm trying to help him out because he wants to change his maps, and i already have an ecu that i don't need that he could use. If i don't think at all i wonder why my h22 turbo integra runs perfectly fine and i did every single thing to it myself :ufucktard: oh pmed ya mrnice

Theres nothing wrong with buying this guys ecu, its already ready already... But there's no sense in wasting extra money if you can just do it yourself. You can goto radio shack and for a few bucks you can have the stuff to use the ecu you already have. Then all you have to do is get an eeprom burner and make yourself the right chip.

Theres no real problem if you're semi computer literate, all you have to do is get an eeprom burner from ebay or anywhere (you could do it at a college if they have one *and* you go there...) and the PGMfi website is very comprehensive, all you have to do is download some software and burn the chip they have most of the stock maps posted and I'm sure the b16 is on there; not hard at all. And if you ever have some modifications down the road, like a turbo or something else you have all this crap already, so you can do it again for the price of a blank chip.

I would have to agree with the others, an ebay chip may or may not work so great for your car, a generic chip probably won't work as well as the one that you're supposed to have. And if you do it right, you don't really need a vafc, but it could still be handy. If you don't have alot of modifications (I/H/E) the stock map will work fine, and you can make modifications to it easily if you want. The programs on PGMFI are easy to figure out.

HTH

Back