p28 ecu...do I need the p28 throttel body??? help.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Andystopa

So I'm getting a new throttel body because when I took off my tps from my old motor (d15 nonvtech) and put it on my new motor because it didn't have one my car is not letting me accelrate. I've heard from a number of people the tps is the reason. If its off by just a hair it wont work. So I'm just gonna go to the junkyard and pull a throttel body with all the sensors on and everything.

The question is does it matter what throttelbody I get? will I still be able to crack vtec if I pull one off a nonvtec motor....and I'm running on a virgin p28.

please help ??? :)

this is in the wrong forum, but ill help. if you need another throttle body, im pretty sure that most civic and integra throttle bodys are the same, as long as obd genre is matching. or you could adjust your tps sensor

Last edited:
yeah but we had to drill out the sensor from my old throttel body so its like all mingeled up. so yeah. but how do you adjust it anyway?

well you had the right idea trying to drill it out, next time use a dremel to slot the top ot the tps screw,and back it out with a regular little screwdiver. then go get some 8mm bolts from lowes to rem install it. then bust out you repair guide or go online,get a voltmeter, and adjust away..

Back