p28 in a 94' vtec accord.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

riceracerex

D-Series Ninja
I need a few questions answered. I have heard that you have to swap two pins on the ecu or the harness in able to use the p28 ecu? Is this correct and will it disable anything?

Also the ecu is automatic and so is his car. I am trying to get it done right so nothing goes boom. I have chipped for a d16a6 and d16z6 but never a f22. Help!:confused:

Sorry to not directly answer your question, but where are you going to actually find a good program for an auto accord. I don't know of any software compatible with an auto trans. .

Hey, would anyone like to actually help? I have not found a write up anywhere. So far i have learned that you need to swap a6 & a11 on the ecu or the accord harness but I can't find a harness diagram of the wiring to plug A on the POA ecu. I figured if anyone here has any accord knowledge, they would share it and maybe I could make a write up after I am done with the p28 into the f22b Honda Accord Ex Chassis. We tried running a basemap tonight on the stock f22b and it would not even read the chip. I tried a Uberdata map and a map from crome and still nothing but the stock ecu ran the car fine after we swapped back. Please help someone. No love for Accords here?

I have chipped automatic cars and some worked but I always tell the customer before hand it's not meant for automatic trans only 5 speed. Nothing really good for automatics.
GL.

Thanks for the input monotech. Did you ever have success with them? I am not getting why it's not working. I know it's a random setup but I would like to learn how to work with all of the Honda/Acura's so I can learn more how they work. I know how to convert the ecu from auto to manual or the other way around but I just want the ecu to read the chip without running horribly right now.

I am testing a p28 in my d15b7 right now but can't seem to find a good basemap. The last one I used was so rich it started poppping out of a stock exhaust and I was smelling more gas at the same time it was flooding the intake with air.

Success is sweet!

I found the problem. He cut the wrong red wire and switched it so the ecu never read the chip right. It was the egr and o2 heater wires that were supposed to be crossed and one was orange with a black stripe and the other wire was red but there were two red wires in plug A. I got it running with a two step and everything looks good now except he has a light on his floor shifter thingy. lol D4 is lighting up green and I think it's something to do with the VSS Sensor or the Automatic transmission computer. There are two computers in a Automatic Accord Ex, one normal Poa and then one for the tranny. He is loosing a little bit of power possibly because of this and it works fine on the stock poa. Know anything about this problem? I gave him a chipped p28 and a good map to run on for now and told him to keep his stock poa ecu close by in case of any problems he had. :confused:

Hey, would anyone like to actually help? I have not found a write up anywhere. So far i have learned that you need to swap a6 & a11 on the ecu or the accord harness but I can't find a harness diagram of the wiring to plug A on the POA ecu. I figured if anyone here has any accord knowledge, they would share it and maybe I could make a write up after I am done with the p28 into the f22b Honda Accord Ex Chassis. We tried running a basemap tonight on the stock f22b and it would not even read the chip. I tried a Uberdata map and a map from crome and still nothing but the stock ecu ran the car fine after we swapped back. Please help someone. No love for Accords here?

hi ive looking for some info but couldnt find that much i have a accord 93 obd1 US specs i install a p28 and a p30 and i notice it was in limp mode and i know i had to swap some wire somwhere but i dont know wich towhere i conect the ostrich and i cant modify any paramter in it and it limits at 3000 rpm as it where no room or where in limpmode so please pointme to some direction or tellme wich pin to modify if u already have done thise illreally apreciate it thanks!!:rimshot:

There are two wires that you have to swap around if I am correct. With a little google searching, you can find which ones and a diagram of the ecu pin out. Be Careful also because there is a specific ordering in which the pins are numbered. I accidentally spliced the wrong wires together in my friends 94 Auto Accord with a F22b1. It didn't hurt anything but it also did not read the ecu correctly. You may also look into buying a egr block off plate from eBay. There should be a way to disable the o2 sensor if you are still having problems with limp mode. I have had to do it to a civic I was running a d16y8 basemap on. Good Luck!

bump. Also if the ecu is bad or the chip is soldered bad, then it may have problems revving past 2500 to 3500 rpm ranges.

Back