p28 in a d16y5??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wake up and smell the coffe....

There are no obd2 maps that i know off of any yseries. If neede, i have some mild tune maps.

So what do I do to make it work properly?

And what did he tell me to do in the first place, Boostedhatch?
Im not familiar with tuning or anything like that so im just doing what dj211855 is telling me to do with the harness. Never was i told about the basemap crap.
All need to know is what do i need/need to do to make it perform well for me?

Last edited:
I tuned two hx not including mine and the p28 maps is nasty with the y5. Also if you dont jump it, the last two that I did had a cel for o2 because they didn't use the 4 wire. Go get an hx and put a p28 maps with stock 240cc injectors and see how it idle and run.

then come back and tell me.
^^^^^:rimshot:^^^^:eek:

Will you gonna need a chip burner and download crome free, I have crome pro.

ok i have a 90 DX hatch with a y5 running on a obd1 p28. i bought it how it is minus the exhaust i finished. i finally killed the stock dx trans so i pulled the engine and droped an SI tranny in it. im getting check engine light 16 which is fuel injectors. im getting gas to the rail. when i pulled the engine i cut 2 wires ( a red and a yellow i think) they came straight from the ecu so i couldnt just unplug them. i soldered the wires and taped the fuck out of them so im sure they are good. any ideas im so lost....

also the wires i cut where the only wires that i messed with that were going to the injectors

Back