1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P28, just got er ready to be used with uberdata

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by CRX-YEM, Nov 19, 2004.

1. CRX-YEM

CRX-YEM Super Moderator Moderator VIP

In the long run I will be converting my CRX from DPFI to MPFI.
    using an intake manifold, TB, OBD-0 injector w/ the resitor box, all from a Z6

I know the CRX uses the PM6 ecu for MPFI.

Ok so is anyone here familiar with Uberdata and how to work with say a stock basemap for a P28. and making the ecu act like a PM6, as this seems to be what I'm after. and when I have time I'd like to go to a dyno and fine tune the fuel and ignition maps.

I've also made all the conenctions for datalogging.

I've been reading some things on http://pgmfi.org/ but was looking for someone that has some actual experience using uberdata , So I don't go fuxoring anything up.

I know other programs are avaliable for editing the data for the EPROM. like chrome etc.. Does anyone have any preferences as to their favorite. and I'm not looking at using hondata at all.

any and all help would be greatfully appreciated

2. projekteg

projekteg Senior Member

do you have the stock a6 motor? do you plan on keeping it or swapping in something with vtec down the road? if you don't plan on having vtec, you don't need to waste money on a p28, you can use a p05 (if you enable 4 wire o2) or p06, both of which are for non vtec and are usually about half the price of a p28. if you already have a p28, all you have to do is import the p06 (sohc non vtec) map in to your basemap you're creating and disable all vtec feature in uberdata program, then the p28 will act just as the p06, or obd0 pm6. i actually have p06 and p28 ecu's already chipped that i sell with basemaps, pm me if you're interested.

3. CRX-YEM

I've already got a P28 from a friend at a great price, and last night I soldered in all the componens I need to chip it, I also put in a nice Zif socket for the eprom.

the current motor I'm using is the d15b2 (CRX DX)
    no vtec plans in the future.

So it seems if I'm following what you said correctly that I can disable vtec functions nd whatever else is not needed and make the P28 run like a PM6

which is great news for me. I was pretty certain after reading the pgmfi forums that this was posible but it's reasuring to hear it from someone directly.

4. projekteg

projekteg Senior Member

ok, if you have uber on your computer already, this is how you'll set up your basemap.

'open' stock gsr map
    'import' p06 map
    go in to 'misc.' tab and uncheck any box that says anything about 'vtec', also uncheck 'knock sensor' and check 'vtp disable'

then you'll be set up with a base map and be ready to adjust anything else you want like rev limits, launch control, injectors, etc., etc. it will probably run pretty rich since the p06 is for d16's, but you said you're taking it to a dyno to fine tune anyways, so this will get you started and ready to edit your fuel tables. hope that helped.

5. CRX-YEM

That's exactly what I was after.
    Thanks

Just curious what's the reasoning behind starting with a stock gsr map ?
    couldn't I start with a base map from a del sol 1.6ltr ??

6. projekteg

projekteg Senior Member

no, that's how you start a basemap for uber. 'open' either stock gsr (for any vtec application) or stock ls (for any non vtec) application and import the correct rom on top of that, however the ls map has a bug in it, so you just open stock gsr map and then disable all vtec options after you import your desired application, but you always open gsr or ls, then import over it, they're the maps that contain the actual codes you need, the others are just stock roms.

7. CRX-YEM

Thank you very much for teaching me the basics of uber

8. tab

tab Super Moderator

I thank you also. I'll be doing this for my H22 soon.

9. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

each program has their own flaws. for example, in hondata, its best to start with the b16 mapm, because it has the best set-up inital timing map. here with uber, its use the gsr map. each thing is going to have its own quirks like that

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted