p28 on d15b7?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HatchSpeeD

...Hi...
1st will it work?
2nd will it throw a code?
3rd will it increase hp or whateva due to better fuel curve?

Give me the low down plz B)

p28 is an ecu not a chip. your car wont run right.

It woks just fine. You get 2 codes (for not having VTEC) but it still works fine. The Timing and fuel maps are the same, just gives you a higher fuel cutoff. ( good if using a A6 cam)

I was wondering the same thing, I will be installing my new B16 later this week but wanted to know if I could run the P30 ECU on my D15b7 in the meantime or is it just pointless?

I guess it would be nice to check that the ECU is working before doing the swap.

don't bother.

the second the CEL comes on, the car goes into closed loop, thus making it run off its generic program, and effecting performace. use the ecu for your motor.

yep, had the same problem when I was experimenting with a p72 ecu on my b20, not funny

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 8 2003, 02:16 AM
don't bother.

the second the CEL comes on, the car goes into closed loop, thus making it run off its generic program, and effecting performace. use the ecu for your motor.

Maybe the P30 will, but a P28 has no problems running on a B7. Do any OBD1 ECU's have a "closed loop" mode?

Back