p28 or p72 ecu?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

loko123

which ecu is better and will work great with a 94 b18c1 p28 or p72? is going on a 97 ek hatch with the 96-98 civic ex EWH with obd2a to obd1 jumper harness.

which ecu is better and will work great with a 94 b18c1 p28 or p72? is going on a 97 ek hatch with the 96-98 civic ex EWH with obd2a to obd1 jumper harness.

Uh...which ECU goes with the motor? That would be the P72, so use it...

Honda ECUs aren't magical, they won't just automatically run any motor you put them on. The P28 will only work if you get it chipped and custom-tuned to your motor setup...

The p28 will need to be chipped to run the b-series engine. As for the p72, there are multiple versions of them. There are obd1 and obd2 just to make it easier to understand. You will need the obd1 p72. You will know when you try to plug the jumper harness into the ecu. I would use the obd1 p72.

ok thanks i'll get the p72 obd1 then. what will be a good chip to put on that ecu to make it rev to 9500 rpm?

ok thanks i'll get the p72 obd1 then. what will be a good chip to put on that ecu to make it rev to 9500 rpm?

Why would you need that? Unless the motor's built to rev that high and make power that high, then that's completely pointless...

Is your motor built? Or is it stock?

No chip will be needed. Your engine makes power up to 8200rpm or so. No need to float a valve spinning the engine to 9500rpm without making any power. Keep the ecu virginized.

yea its stock but if i'm gonna put some cams in there like SK2S2 then i could rev that high right?

yea its stock but if i'm gonna put some cams in there like SK2S2 then i could rev that high right?

Not necessarily. You'll also need to upgrade your valve train in order to safely rev your engine that high. And even then, you don't wanna just throw some pre-tuned chip into your ECU. You'll want to have your car chipped and tuned professionally...

Yes, springs and retainers. And like I said, have a tuner custom tune all of this. Don't go with some "E-Bay special" ECU chip...

:D i saw the omniman dvd and he rev to 9500 and he was making power

Well, we get a lot of people on here asking dumb questions like "how do I raise my rev limiter?" and "can I rev past my stock red-line?" not realizing that doing things like that are pointless unless your motor's been modified to actually make power that high...

what also are some good power gainers add-ons besides the cams intake and headers? does brand name products really matter and i also heard that the intake manifold sucks @ss its crap so which one is a good ITM?

Back