P28 pistons in a d15 block.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94H_Ex

Under employed
ok i understand that the pistons will fit the bore. but my question is will the rods from a d15b block, be ok in a set of p28 pistons to go into a d15z1 block.

the back story is, I picked up d15z1 block, got a hold of the P08-1 head, and was going to use the jdm d15b pistons. but now im thinking and since i have them, just go ahead and put the p28 pistons from a z6 block, on to the rods from the d15b block, and install it all into my d15z1 block, reason why i didnt use the d15b block is because the block was messed up on the front engine mount. some one broke it some how.

also i cant use the rods from the z6 block because.. well their scorched and i'd have to have them micro polished. trying to make cheap but reliable at the same time. i know in theory its not possible. but im broke and i m over whelmed with different parts everywhere.

another question while on the source. you have to have a machine shop press out wrist pins am i right? or is there a trick you can do to press them your self.

Back