P28 Skunk2 Chipped In A 95 Gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

alloveryou

I have a 95 GSR b18c1 being dropped into a 92 EG6 hatch, running a P28 Skunk 2 chipped ECU. I heard that you have to use a Skunk2 Intake Manifold with this ECU to make it work for the GSR. Is it true, or can I run my stock intake manifold??? Please help me out before I drop major cash on a Skunk 2 Intake, thanks.

skunk2 IM will work great.

the reason is the stock GSR intake manifold has secondary butterflies, of which only the gsr and certain prelude ECU's have control for.

you CAN run your stock IM, but it will hinder flow. you can rip out the secondaiers in the manifold if you wish, or just pick up a skunk2 for 250 bucks

How would you go about ripping the secondaries out of ther manifold? WOuld this ruin it? The reason why I ask is because I don't think my secondary butterflies are opening up or at least I'm not sure if they are. People told me that there is a distinct sound when it does open. Is this true? What does it sound like? Thanks and sorry to have stolen your thread alloveryou.

~joe

Just remove the vacuum feed to the IAB's and you're done.

Presto, single runner manifold.

BUT, don't expect it to act like a Skunk2 manifold power wise

Back