P2P ECU fuel map?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

awptickes

unimpressed by you
VIP
Ok, this may sound like an off-the-wall question, but here it goes.

I have a 1.4 litre d14z2, which is obd-2. I plan on swapping the head to a d16y8 head soon, and I wonder if it is possible to use the p2p ECU with my current bottom-end. The compression chamber is the correct size for that ECU, but the injectors with my d14z2 are 195cc/min.

What I need is a timing map for the obd-2 d16y8 fuel timings, and I need to figure out if it is possible to use the p2p ECU with the 195cc/min injectors to account for the drop in the volume. I do understand that the ECU will tune itself to a point, and it might be alright, but I'd rather not do that. Anyone want to help me out?

Allow me to clarify:
I need to know if using the smaller injectors (195cc/min) with an p2p ECU expecting larger injectors (250cc/min) will get me close enough to the right fuel mappings that the ECU will adjust itself.

I'm not swapping to obd-1, because I have a scan gauge II that I use to report daily fuel-usage and daily distance for my job. I have an p28 with s300 in it for track/autocross days.

Back