1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P2P ECU fuel map?

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by awptickes, Nov 4, 2007.

1. awptickes

awptickes unimpressed by you VIP

Ok, this may sound like an off-the-wall question, but here it goes.

I have a 1.4 litre d14z2, which is obd-2. I plan on swapping the head to a d16y8 head soon, and I wonder if it is possible to use the p2p ECU with my current bottom-end. The compression chamber is the correct size for that ECU, but the injectors with my d14z2 are 195cc/min.

What I need is a timing map for the obd-2 d16y8 fuel timings, and I need to figure out if it is possible to use the p2p ECU with the 195cc/min injectors to account for the drop in the volume. I do understand that the ECU will tune itself to a point, and it might be alright, but I'd rather not do that. Anyone want to help me out?

Allow me to clarify:
    I need to know if using the smaller injectors (195cc/min) with an p2p ECU expecting larger injectors (250cc/min) will get me close enough to the right fuel mappings that the ECU will adjust itself.

I'm not swapping to obd-1, because I have a scan gauge II that I use to report daily fuel-usage and daily distance for my job. I have an p28 with s300 in it for track/autocross days.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted