P2P Ecu injector short?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94H_Ex

Under employed
Cliff notes: Ecu seems to be shorting out the injector fuse under the dash. Just not sure if this is seriously the problem before I tell some one to go spend some money for a ecu they may not need.

Background: A buddy of mines 98 civic had shot off on her. So she called me up to help her out, she knew her injector fuse was the problem, but when she tried to replace it. It simply popped the new one. So we towed to home, and I got into it and start checking it out. Got a wiring diagram out and chased the short. Now whats weird is, when I first started on this car, I figured ecu right away. I unplugged it and still had a grounded short, so I traced it all the way back to the ecu yet again. Though later after unplugging the engine harness and the junction plug on the harness, the short would go away when the ecu is unplugged. The short also only appears when the car is on, once you turn the key to the off position, it's gone.

Has anyone seen this before?

its the ecu as per your explanation. But try using a different ecu of the same type and check if that blows the fuse. ECU can short the injector circuit depending on how bad is the injector.

Back