P30 Ecu Specs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bns773

Anyone know what the specs are on the p30 ecu.

Rev limit?
Speed limt?

Also is this a good ECU or not? :eek:

The P30 is a great ECU...if you can find it. They came from the uber-rare Del Sol VTEC models, the rev limiter I believe is 8400, but I'm not sure. I do know the redline is 8200. Most ECU's cut off at about 110-115 mph.

see also: Honda ECU List

Well....everyone keeps talking about the p28 and I wanted to know how the p30 would stand up. I also heard that it was rare and was kinda wanting to know if there was something special about it.
It came with my motor so if it sucked I wanted to know where I could get a p28. :D

Originally posted by Bns773@May 19 2003, 10:16 AM
Well....everyone keeps talking about the p28 and I wanted to know how the p30 would stand up. I also heard that it was rare and was kinda wanting to know if there was something special about it.
It came with my motor so if it sucked I wanted to know where I could get a p28. :D

I still don't understand where you are going with this.....

What engine is this for??? B16?

The JDM P30 is a short box, the USA model is a long box.

JDM's are dime-a-dozen

USA's are very rare.

The P30 ecu has a knock sensor, and is made specifically for the B16A engine.

The P28 ecu does not have a knock sensor, but it can be converted to work for DOHC VTEC engines. (no knock sensor though)

im running a p 30 ecu in my 95 civic, it seems to work very well, all though the rev limits at about the same as the p 28. cant say as to the top speed yet, just got er goin yesterday.

the p30 wont work on a gsr unless you swap out manifolds cause it wont operate the secondary butterlies just a little note

that depends too cause the OBD1 GSRs open the butterflies with the opposite signal as OBD2 GSRs.

:) Gotta love those fucking butterflies.

Back