P30 pistons in B18C5 block?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16

Super Moderator
VIP
Hey guys, I'm about to rebuild my motor after destroying my block and #4 piston. So, therefore I need new pistons. I would like to build this motor within the Honda Challenge rules which require OEM bottom end components. I would like to throw in P30 JDM B16 pistons in a B18C5 block with stock R rods and crank. Has anyone done this, with any B16 pistons (non pct)? Will the rods fit with the piston? Or is there modification needed? If so, what modification?
Thanks!

i know the JDM B16 pistons fit directly on the LS rods and that the LS rods are a different thickness than the GSR or ITR rods... so it definatly isnt going to be a direct fit
thats about all the help i have for ya though :)

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Aug 9 2005, 08:20 PM
i know the JDM B16 pistons fit directly on the LS rods and that the LS rods are a different thickness than the GSR or ITR rods... so it definatly isnt going to be a direct fit
thats about all the help i have for ya though :)
[post=538175]Quoted post[/post]​

But, what is the difference in the thickness? Thicker or thinner? Rod or piston?

LS and B16 rods are fatter on top than GSR/ITR/CTR's, so the opening on the piston is wider. To put GSR/ITR/CTR pistons on LS/B16 rods, you've got to either shave about a millimeter off either side of the top of the rod, or remove the same amount from the inside of the piston.

When you're doing the reverse of that though (B16/LS pistons onto a GSR/ITR/CTR rod), the rod is narrower than the opening in the piston, so it'll fit without any modifications.

:)

pistoncomparison4ld.jpg

somethin like that

Thanks yo!
It shouldn't be a problem if there is more clearance; I don't think?

why not just run some jdm p73's? should put you in the low 11:1's.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 15 2005, 08:13 AM
why not just run some jdm p73's? should put you in the low 11:1's.
[post=540244]Quoted post[/post]​

If I can get a little more compression, it would be nice :)

Back