1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P30 Speed Limiter?

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by seancooneyB16, Feb 24, 2003.

1. seancooneyB16

seancooneyB16 Member

I was under the impression that P30's didn't have a speed limiter. right now I'm running a P28 and hit rev limiter at about 7600 wut should I do buy a new ecu or should I chip it?

2. Havok

Havok Senior Member

P30's are from the 94-97 del sol dohc vtec--extrememly rare and pricey, but they do have a speed limiter anyways. I would chip the P28, but be prepared, you will run pretty rich from what I hear.

3. seancooneyB16

seancooneyB16 Member

well I'm really not down for running too rich, and I'm trying to figure out what to do, running a little rich I dont mind. what are some good chips and how much do they go for?

4. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

check out www.hyperducktuning.com

he's got some relatively inexpensive do it yourself kits. i did my p28 from there. now i have since gotten away from that and decided to go towards programmable systems... like hondata. a little more expensive to start, but well worth it.

5. Vexamus

Vexamus Member

Lemme tell ya, don't dick around with chips. Go straight for the good stuff. Hondata all the way.

6. seancooneyB16

seancooneyB16 Member

does hondata have a website or anything I dont really know what they have for parts?

7. Havok

Havok Senior Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted