P5M, PCB ecu's???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ds94

ok I just did a 98 JDM h22a obd2 swap with a JDM P5M obd2 ecu in my 96 hatch. Problem is that I cant even crank the motor with the ECU. I had the same problem with the PCB ecu. Both of the ecus are JDM obd2's sent from HMO. All the wiring should be correct, cause the motor starts and idles when I used my friends obd1 p72 w/obd2-1 harness.
I was wondering if these obd2 jdm ecu's use a pin security or emobalizer of some sort or is this really rare?? Arrgghhh! Any help, links or info. will be greatly appreciated! :D thanks

they have an immobilizer.
I've yet to hear of a successful P5M immobilizer disable.
I've heard that you can swap immobilizer boards... I.e. get a matching key+immo from honda / junkyard, desolder+resolder immobilizer board so it matches key.

FWIW, I've heard you can use ITR immo setups in a P5M - the board is similar enough that it will work. I think you also have to add some external stuff - immo transponder and stuff. I've yet to have to deal with this nightmare, so I can't profess to know EXACTLY what to do. Good luck.

nightmare indeed, does this "immobilizer" exist in all the years (92-96)? In US & JDM? Cause I wanted to pick up this p13 obd1 soon? Damn, I just wanna drive my car :angry: , yo thanks for the feedback

Back