p70 HELP!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I<3myhonda

i picked up a p70 ecu for swapping some unused parts but when i plug it into my 93 civic si hatchback it throws a cel code 21 which is v-tec pressure. when i use my p28 it doesnt throw that code and i hear the v-tec so i know it works. how do i re-pin my harness to make the p70 work without codes? i heard its prolly due to d15 plug mis-wired. how can i fix this issue? any help would be great.

thanks
confused.gif

the p70 is just the jdm version of the p28 there perty much the same ecu. but the p28 wont be limited like the jdm one. and im not sure why its throwing the code, some jdm motors dont have pressure switches so that could be it i guess.

so the p28 would be a better ecu?? what about the fuel/timing mapping?

d16z6... i opened up the p70 and it has a chip with a gold sticker on the chip on it as well as the j1 jumper

yeah just run the p28 it was made for that motor so it will perform the best with that ecu

damn ok, thank you for helpin me out... so should i sell the chipped P70?? they r pretty rare i couldn't find one anywhere but this dude had one that i picked it up from

so should i just sell the p70 since i really dont have a use for it? u said the p28 works best with the D16Z6 so i could prolly sell it to someone who needs it or could use it since it throws a cel every time i plug it in..thx for the info and help

yeah the p28 is best so sell it if you need money

Back