P72 ecu for 96 gsr?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bcivicsi

Ok I cant figure it out I have searched and come up with different results.I have a 2000 SI with a 96 B18C1 and I bought a P72 ecu instead of the P2T.Now Its not the right one Its a OBD2a and the harness is 2b.But I cant figure out what year range of P72 is a OBD2b.I keep coming up with 98+ and then I get 00-01 what is it?Is there any way to get the ecu I got to work? Someone Help

After 10 minutes of searching, because I don't have all my documents on my laptop... OBD2 started in 96 for Integras. I forget when it switched from 2a to 2b... which is the answer you need... lol Let me search around for a few more minutes. Edit: I wanna say 2b started in either 98 or 99. I know it was 99 for Civics.

OBD ECUs.

From top to bottom...

1. OBD IIb ECU
2. OBD II ECU
3. OBD I ECU
4. OBD 0 (JDM PR3 and PWO)

Is there anyway to get the OBD2A to work on a 2b harness.also I was reading stuff about the 99-01 gsr ecu wont work on a civic.Is this correct?Sorry for all the questions just dont want to mess anything up.Also I search the forums for answers but when they are not there I have to ask.

Back