1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p72 getting swapped for p30

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by dok, Feb 1, 2005.

1. dok

dok Senior Member

whats up guys i have a 92 hb with a jdm b16a and am ruuning a p72 but i need the p72 for my other hb and am forced to use the p30 with b16a

my ? is i was looking into the ecu out puts and there are two different outputs

p72 p30
    A17 iab solenoid nothing
    b9 starter signal clutch interlock swith

i was looking to see if either one had some were else to rewire it but it like the iab soleniod does not even on the p30 and there is no starter siggnal for the p30 and no cluth interlock on the p72 so what can i do to make this work

please help

2. projekteg

projekteg Senior Member

seing as how your b16 doesn't have iab's anyways, i think you'll be fine ;) as long as they're both obd1 ecu's, the p30 will work better for your b16, it has the appropriate timing and fuel maps, the p72 is for the gsr b18, you should have swapped them a long time ago ;) b9 is the starter signal for the p30 and the p72. are you sure you weren't comparing the p72 pin outs to the obd1 jdm pr3 pin outs, because it doesn't have a starter signal at b9???

3. dok

dok Senior Member

maybe i really don't know so the ecus will swap right in then no need for me to rewire anything thanks man

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

as long as they are the same obd, there is 0 wiring changes.

5. dok

dok Senior Member

fuck ya if pissedoffsol says it i know its true you being on this site and holding it down for i don't know how long thanks man

6. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

no boobs - just tech
    since late 01 :)

7. dok

dok Senior Member

thanks every one the ecu swap made the car slow down but it sits perfect it runs great

8. projekteg

projekteg Senior Member

you sure about that? or it just feels slower b/c you can't rev it to 8.5k any more ;)

9. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

p72 and p30's have close to the same redline... and the p30 shoudl give your b16 a better fuel and ignition map anyway...

10. dok

dok Senior Member

having problems now the car idles up and down when i stop i moved the dizzy lower to stopped but its idle is like 700-800 is this safe or what do you guyz think

11. projekteg

projekteg Senior Member

have you checked the timing with a light, or just moving it around? if your idle is surging up and down, sounds like it could be your iacv.

12. dok

dok Senior Member

its weard because it runs fine with the p72 but it idles with the p30 i just moved the dizzy i don't have a light

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted