p72 in jdm b18c

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jackgetoff

i have a few questions....

1. with a b18c in 2000 civic Sir could a stock p2t ecu cause any engine problems ( abnormally high idle, also speedo not working even though new speed sensor has been put in)
2. also would a vss for a 2000 sir civic not work in the tranny for the b18c?s80/y80
3.Im planning on buying a jdm p72 will i need a conversion harness and could this possibly solve my problem with my inactive speedo?

i have a few questions....

1. with a b18c in 2000 civic Sir could a stock p2t ecu cause any engine problems ( abnormally high idle, also speedo not working even though new speed sensor has been put in). 2. also would a vss for a 2000 sir civic not work in the tranny for the b18c?s80/y80
3.Im planning on buying a jdm p72 will i need a conversion harness and could this possibly solve my problem with my inactive speedo?

1. Using a P2T ecu should not cause an abnormally high idle or a malfunctioning speedometer; However, the P2T was designed for a 1.6L motor, and does not have the correct fuel and ignition maps for the B18C; you'd be better off using the correct ECU.
2. the VSS for a 2000 Civic SiR should work just fine, they're the same design (and I'd be willing to bet they're probably the same part number from Honda, as well)
3. You'll need a conversion harness if the ECU that you're getting is a different OBD than your vehicle. If the P72 is a 99-01 OBD2B then you'll be fine; if it is a 96-98 OBD2A ecu then you'll need an OBD2B-OBD2A jumper harness; if it's a 92-95 OBD1ecu then you'll need an OBD2B-OBD1 jumper harness.

Last edited:
Back