1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p72 in jdm b18c

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by jackgetoff, Aug 21, 2006.

1. jackgetoff

jackgetoff Junior Member

i have a few questions....

1. with a b18c in 2000 civic Sir could a stock p2t ecu cause any engine problems ( abnormally high idle, also speedo not working even though new speed sensor has been put in)
    2. also would a vss for a 2000 sir civic not work in the tranny for the b18c?s80/y80
    3.Im planning on buying a jdm p72 will i need a conversion harness and could this possibly solve my problem with my inactive speedo?

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

shouldn't matter... but your stock ecu is running that motor WAY too lean.

3. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

1. Using a P2T ecu should not cause an abnormally high idle or a malfunctioning speedometer; However, the P2T was designed for a 1.6L motor, and does not have the correct fuel and ignition maps for the B18C; you'd be better off using the correct ECU.
    2. the VSS for a 2000 Civic SiR should work just fine, they're the same design (and I'd be willing to bet they're probably the same part number from Honda, as well)
    3. You'll need a conversion harness if the ECU that you're getting is a different OBD than your vehicle. If the P72 is a 99-01 OBD2B then you'll be fine; if it is a 96-98 OBD2A ecu then you'll need an OBD2B-OBD2A jumper harness; if it's a 92-95 OBD1ecu then you'll need an OBD2B-OBD1 jumper harness.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2006
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted