P72 knock sensor troubles

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mikeydelsol

hi all im from the uk

i have a del sol which used to be a D16Z6 and i have converted to a B18C4 i am using a P72 OBD1 ecu to run it....the engine starts and runs fine...but i get a ecu error code every now and then 20 and 23 which is electrical load detector and knock sensor respectively.

from the engine its the b18c4 loom then from ecu its the d16z6 loom... i checked with honda and they told me that the b18c4 does not come with a knock sensor.....

therefore my question (finally) is can i rewire the knock sensor wire somehow to bypass it.....or do i have to get a knock sensor...but i fear that the knock senosrs space will be sealed up by honda on production????

also do i have to wire up the IAB solenoid is there any other rewiring that may need doing??

i would greatly appreciate any help and advice you can offer.
many thanks
mike.

Let Me Know About the Knock Sensor Too

From what I know, the B18C does have a knock sensor and I THINK its red/yellow and goes into D3 on the ecu. (plug all the way to the right and second from the left on that plug). I'm trying to figure out the same info (But B16 in a 92 HATCH SI). Maybe you know more than I do about ti by now. Any info from forum members would be appreciated.

Honda Baby!

CAFROG

Back