p72 rods with p30 pistons?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

highperboi

ok i just put p30s on my p72 rods and it seems like there is a lot of play between the piston and the rods as if the thickness of the p72 rods is less then the pr3 rods. is this okay??? the pr3 rods dont fit in my p72 pistons. Am i supposed to use p72 rods for p30 pistons in my gsr?

-thanks

-edit i just read something about it. is there anway i can use p30 pistons in my gsr?? can i use the pr3 rods?

pr3 are too short, as are p30 rods.

the ony thing you can do is to get ls rods and an ls crank to go with it...

or just send 320 bucks and get a set of eagle rods that will clear all b-series pistons.

b16b/crv/gsr/ls blocks is taller than b16a blocks

you need to right rod lendght based on stroke of your crank and block height.

so, if you have a gsr/ctr/itr block with a stock itr/ctr/gsr crank, you need a gsr/ctr/itr length rod.
if you have an ls/crv block, with a gsr crank, you need a gsr/ctr/itr rod length.
if you have an ls/crv block with an ls/crv rod, you need ls length rods
if you have a b16a block with a b16a crank, you need a b16a rod length.

follow?

you can use the p30 pistons on the p72 rods. the play wont be an issue onec its assembled. the piston wil be constrained by the cylinder and the rod will be constrained by the crank. theres a few people on honda-tech that run this setup. and i plan to do the same thing whenever i want to rebuild it (ie when i have the money to rebuild it, lol.

The only thing with PR3 pistons is that they will sit .030 or so in the hole due to the wrist pin location. Other than that they will work fine.

Originally posted by nfn15037@Sep 29 2004, 09:00 PM
The only thing with PR3 pistons is that they will sit .030 or so in the hole due to the wrist pin location. Other than that they will work fine.
[post=396427]Quoted post[/post]​

your point? .030 is stock piston to deck height for the b18a/b/c b20b/z engines.

Back