P72 vs. P30

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18delsol

which one of these would be better for a del sol with a B18C motor? i am running a P72 right now and it runs like crap. Had the P30 but then i think it fried. Should i stay with the P72 or go get a P30.

If you are running a b18c1 with the secondary IAB's, use the p72. What do you mean, it runs like crap? Don't immediately blame the ecu, it could be a host of possible things that could be wrong with your motor, wiring, etc. that contribute to the poor peformance. Check everything out, make sure everything is hooked up correctly. Did you perform the swap? if not, take your car to the place that did, and tell them what is going on. Or tell us what your problem is, and we will do our best to try and help you out.

if you car is OBD1 and your motor is OBD2, you need to either:
1. get a JDM ECU
2. Chip it and reverse the polarity of the IAB signal
3. do some creative wiring to reverse the polarity of the IAB signal.

Why don't you be a lot more precise about how the car is "not running well" and see if we can help you pinpoint the problem more precisely?

you dont need to do that much creative wiring to switch the IAB signal. just cut the black/yellow wire and put to ground or 12V switched... depending on ecu.

Back