PA sensor help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2ToneRex

What's up guys,
i have a 91 crx hf that i did a si (zc long block) swap a few years ago. everything went fine until recently when my car started "bogging" down while driving and eventually cut off. i would turn the ignition all the way off (while still coasting down the road) for about 10 sec. and then crank the car and it would run fine for a few min. i have had other minor problems as well but no big deal. ultimately i decided to do a ls swap from 91 integra ls hoping to resolve the issue. we got the motor in and it cranks and runs fine until it warms up and it starts doing the same thing, bogging down and cutting off. we have narrowed it down to the atmospheric pressure sensor (pa sensor) which is the code 13 on the ecu. we have taken 3 other pa sensors from scrap cars and the same thing still happens. my question is if there is anything that could cause the ecu to throw this code indirectly causing the pa sensor not to work correctly.

please help and all comments are greatly appreciated. thanks

interesting problem ya have there. i do know that the map is directly related to the pa sensor. It gets a baseline atmospheric pressure reading from the pa sensor and needs this in order to judge how much air volume is coming in properly. how or why you keep getting a code for one though is beyond me.

yeah me 2. we have replaced both the map sensor and pa sensor and the same thing continues to happen. i've had one person tell me that there are two wires on the ecu that you switch around since the car is an hf. but we can't figure out witch ones. c9 obviously but cant figure out the other.

stay with me hereMeasure voltage between yellow/wht wire + and a Body groundis there 5 volts 1.yes, then measure voltage between yel/wht + and grn/wht -if no, then repair open wire between ecu C8 or c13 if the wire is ok then use another known good ECU.2.if yes to 1. is there approx 5v? if no, replair open wire between c12 and the sensor if wire ok then test another known good ECU3. If yes measure voltage between red/wht + and grn/wht - is there 5v? if no, repair open or short in red/wht and C9, and/or ecu 4. turn off ignition, remove HAZARD fuse from main fuse box, wait 10 secs.5.substitute known GOOD PA sensor6. turn ignition on7. code 13 again8. if yes then replace PA sensor9. in no test connections again and test with known good ECU, recheck voltage, if voltage avail then replace ECU...

Back