1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pacesetter Monza Exhaust?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by stud4u2c17, Mar 24, 2003.

1. stud4u2c17

stud4u2c17 Senior Member

I was looking around for an exhaust system for my CRX HF (89) and i was wondering if the $200 Monza System was any good, i heard it rusts out quick, but i could try and put some rustoleum on it to prevent that... does anyone have any pics of this on a crx? does it look good ? sound good? or what, i only have bout 200 for an exhaust system... so this is all i can afford... thanks for your help PLEASE POST PICS IF YOU HAVE THEM!! thanks
    Tj

2. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

i had one when i first got my car. it is terrible.
    sounds like an old man beating an duck with a boat oar.

get a cheap universal muffler and have pipes bent for you. that'll be around 200

3. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Cheaply made,sounding and performing,a true you get what you pay for product.

4. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. htrcivic96sir

htrcivic96sir Senior Member

well.... its worth it to buy the piping ( which would run you the same ) but trash the muffler and get something else, the tip is gonna rust out and the muffler sounds ok.....compared to stock.....i had a cat-back from them ( 96 civic coupe) and it didnt give me the sound i wanted at all.... .nor the performance. so i went and had the piping welded together and got a stainless muffler welded on ( monza gives you a " rolled" black muffler and big yellow tip) and becarefull if you plan on or have already lowered your car.... you will probally need to get a new piece of pipe welded on for suspension travel puposes ( extremly loud knock when hitting bumps) over all bad experiance.....my friend has an '88 HF..trust me...you need all the horsepower you can get ( no offense)

monza exuast: $120
    stainless steel muffler with 4.50 tip: $105
    welding pipes together: $35
    throwin that hunk of shit muffler in my neighbors yard: mutha fuckin PRICELESS
    ( thats the last time his dog shit in my yard again)

6. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

stock OWNS paceshitter. my god help that company

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted