Pachelbel's Canon

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
:worthy:

pachelbel's canon

Any guitar aficionados in the house? How many hours of practice do you think THAT took?

I really need to get an acoustic and take up some guitar lessons.

Amazing. I've been meaning to learn to play the guitar; but so far ive only played around with my brother's acoustic guitar(playing that white stripes melody) lol

Meh...that was allrite...I'd be much more impressed if he did it flawlessly...

Granted, SOME of that is hard as hell to play (i.e. the sweeps...I still can't play sweeps)...but putting something out to the public that's not perfect, and telling people 'Yeah, it's not perfect, but that shit is hard to play!' isn't gonna get you shit. You don't listen to a Satch album and hear a shitload of mistakes, and read the liner notes and see where it says 'Sorry I messed up a lot, but this shit is hard to play.' It just doesn't work like that. You gotta do it right, or not do it at all.

And what the fuck was the deal with the random-ass 'Walk' sign halfway through?

i dont doubt that guy can play, but im kinda wondering where the other music was comming from. i mean i hear an entire orchestra, and i see one dude sitting there... like was he playing along with the background music? or was he just going a long with a recording but not actually playing what you hear? im just wondeing if the guitar you hear is the one hes playing. only becuase it of how it sounds with the background music. it sounds like the guitar is THERE with the orchestra, not being added onto a recording.

Quoted post[/post]]
i dont doubt that guy can play, but im kinda wondering where the other music was comming from. i mean i hear an entire orchestra, and i see one dude sitting there... like was he playing along with the background music? or was he just going a long with a recording but not actually playing what you hear? im just wondeing if the guitar you hear is the one hes playing. only becuase it of how it sounds with the background music. it sounds like the guitar is THERE with the orchestra, not being added onto a recording.

First we have Wil saying he messed up a few times throughout the song and hating on him because of that. Now we have Ian saying that he's not actually playing at all.

lol I would think he was playing to the orchestra in the background. I mean there was absolutely no difference in the background timing to his timing that I could tell, and I've watched it like 3 or 4 times, and even showed it to a guy who majored in musical arts in college. He could tell when he changed keys, etc right away.

Apparently Wil was just hating on him because he's jealous. :ph34r:

yeah it changed keys
yeah he messed up-- a LOT (wtf happened at 4:24 ?? lol)

i give it a B+

some of the licks were pretty decent and triucky, but for the most part, its not really that hard

didnt listen to the whole thing but it didnt sound bad. but i wouldnt say its so tuff you would need yrs to do it. i played this song about a billion times(on stringbass) and with a lil work on my solo chops i could pull something like this off. no bad the 10yr old drummer was way more impressive.

Quoted post[/post]]

Right when it starts it says

"arranged by jerryC" guy who did the background music.
"Played by funtwo" guy who played the guitar.

You can easily do what they did using programs like Sonar. Line 6 makes a USB divice that you can run a guitar straight into the computer in my case sonar. Or you could just use a mixer and go off the guitar amp into a mixer that goes into the computer and is mixed with the midi track used for the song.

first is definitely better than the second. at least when the first guy screwed up i BARELY noticed. you really gotta pay attention. the second guy covers up his missed notes with a lil grunge, a couple of his pinches dont ring and i really just liked the the tone on the first compared to the second. coincidently ive heard a friend of mine play it all the way through with no screw ups. they did it at battle of the bands in mesquite (think they had some of it midi'ed through the keyboard) they got second place just for the pure fact that this is texas and the winning band was playing country to a buncha hicks...granted the winning band had an insane steel guitar player.

yea the first guy was better. musically at least. the first guy had more feeling into it. the second guy jus seems like hes strugling to get through it. second guys guitar sounds slightly off pitch at some points as well. either way, both of these guys are phenominal guitar players, why do they both look like they live their parents though? lol

Back