Paint or Dye? (interior)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a 92 civic hatch and I wanted to paint the interior black. But I hear that some people hate paint and some hate dye, and they have their reasons. So what do you think paint or dye? Thanks

A quick break down from my point of view... i like painting to me i feel it last longer dye over time will fade while the paint seems to hold it coloring, down side to painting thought is when using brighter colors like white or when clear coated the reflection of the sun of the dash board onto the window posses some veiwing issues... so i guess with that little bit of knowledge its up to you to decide how to tackle you dash.... i've done both and personally prefer the paint

iv used the plastic paint, that bonds to the plastic chemicaly, im going to use it on my 81 camaro, to make the interior match.. iv never done dye, so idk about that.

With Proper prep work either one will last a long time.....but the best solution is to just have it wrapped by a pro in vynil....you can change again anytime you want , without having to strip dye or paint to do so....(note too much paint will eventually crack and look terrible. But the vynil solution costs more but well worth it.

Back