1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paint prices

Discussion in 'Body / Exterior / Interior / Cosmetics' started by cheese9988, Jun 21, 2004.

1. cheese9988

cheese9988 Senior Member VIP

Who has good prices on paint, I'm not looking at the single stage this time...I've been searching around google and that but I can't seem to find many places that sell it. I need primer too, can most primers go with any paint?

2. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

not sure what you are looking for but try autobodydepot.net

haven't checked prices in a while but when i got my supplies they were the cheapest and good customer service

not sure re: the primer, but i always try and use a high build to take out any imperfections you might miss when prepping...

you may want to try calling the site i noted above, i think they will advise you on the best primer for your paint choices...

3. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

if your gonna use basecoat clearcoat or any toher urehtane paint your gonna want to use a urethane primer as well. this is because they will both stay flexible and work well with each other, where as if u used a laquer primer it hardens up real bad and would be likely to chip weith a flexible paint on top of it. I go to NAPA for all of my paints but i do not know what u have for a local autobody supply store so imnot sure what to tell you there....but if you kno someone who has an account at a body supply store that would let you use their discount you will save some serious dough

4. cheese9988

My roomate is a deisel mechanic who gets discounts at napa :D Do you think the two stage is worth it? I see an equal number of people who rave about the single stage because of its simplicity, and its less likely to run into problems when applying it. I guess because it takes less time too/less coats? I bought my single stage at napa, they sell the two stage there? Is the two stage alot more expensive?

5. JDMPlaya

JDMPlaya Senior Member

I got a quart of stage 2 paint for about 130 at my local autobody store, not sure if that gives you an idea

6. hondamidnighter

hondamidnighter Senior Member

Try WWW.HOKPAINT.COM thats where I got my badass paint job for 200 bucks worth of paint. KANDYS

7. cheese9988

I have looked at the hokpaint.com before. The site is a little confusing. Where can you find a paint package ie. primer, basecoat, clearcoat?

8. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

never really heard of a paint package so to speak but ive never bought paint over the intardnet either so i dont know if they exist but i know they dont at my local napa or any napa fo rthat matter

9. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

cmax, Is napas paint and auto body supply division they can sell you everything you need

10. KCREX

KCREX Member

If you have a carquest near you they carry valspar. Good stuff urethane for a decent price.

11. tab

tab Super Moderator

I like two stage, three stage, and pretty much everything better than single stage. 95% of your work will be body work. As long as you have a little spraying experience, base/clear is easier IMO. There is more paint to mix, more coats to spray on, and more chances to fix your paint. If a bug lands on your base coat, let it dry, and reshoot that area. If something falls on the clear, you can carefully lift it off with the tip of a razor blade, and shoot more clear. The clearcoat gives you a bundle of wetsanding material to work with, and a more professional looking finish.

Another choice for you, is to use a single stage paint as the base coat. Let it cure for a couple days, wetsand, and top it with a compatible clearcoat.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted