Paint?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

knuteiriktveiten

I was wondering how much paint it would take to spray my 95 civic coupe. The last time I painted it I did it with rattlecans and yea....Def wanna put a real paintjob on it. It will be my 1st so Im sure it wont be perfect but I have watched it being done several times and I think its something I can do. Im buying all of the tools to do it this weekend so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Depending on the color you want, you may have to have it mixed. As far as how much paint, that all depends on how many coats you want. Than a clear protective coat wouldn't hurt either. This is something I plan on "toying" with in the future. Until then.... Maaco.

Im going with the same gunmetal gray. Ill use gray primer and prolly 2 coats of color and then a top coat.

you might be able to rent the stuff and save some money. but 1-2 gallons is enough.

Good luck... remember to keep some distance when spraying, and do it indoor's. You do not want dirt to get onto the wet paint, that will definately suck.

I think Im just going to buy the stuff so when I change my mind on the colors I dont have to go thru too much stuff...
Thanks guys!

Another thing, too much clear coat never hurts, just don't lay it on too heavy or it will run, and that will take a TON of wet sanding to get out. And if you can talk to alot of paint professionals to get tips and tricks. Oh and good luck, let us know how it turns out. And lots of before/after pics.

You picked a very difficult color to lay.....

Red during wetsanding, Walmart special

BK2QKUYDHO0OE15.JPG

Gunmetal Gray, the mirror took 45 minutes to get it like that, you can see the door below before wetsanding. I had an orange peel issue with this paint.
DSCN0315.jpg

I don't have anymore of the gunmetal color, tons of the progression of the red, but I wasn't happy with the red.

This is the best that I still have of the red finished. And it was poor quality, I was extremely unhappy with it..

Picture005.jpg

Picture010.jpg

It's very dirty but it was shiny

I know its not the same but if you look at the link in my sig. its my car that I spraypainted gunmetal. no runs or orangepeel, just a lack of durability. what you guys think?

I'm looking at the cardomain page and if that's a spray paint job it's pretty damn good. You musta wet sanded after cause I never got results like that out of the can. Clear coat that bitch

Back